Dee-Eye Instrument Preamplifier™
The Dee-Eye Instrument Preamp offers a simple solution for connecting instruments with high-impedance piezoelectric pickups to a venue’s sound system. Any passive or active instrument pickup is supported.
The Dee-Eye Preamp’s high input-impedance allows piezoelectric pickups to operate essentially unloaded, which results in a smooth, natural, acoustic instrument tone. Low distortion, low noise, and generous headroom mean clear tone comes through even when an instrument is played percussively and loudly.
The Dee-Eye Preamp also works well with instruments that have magnetic pickups, such as electric guitars and electric basses.
• Input: high-impedance, 1 million ohms, maximum 5 volts peak-to-peak level.
• Low-impedance, balanced, XLR output, 600 ohms, will drive long cables to a mix-board.
• Requires XLR Phantom Power.
• Power OK Light is on when preamp is properly powered up.
• ¼ inch output and input for accessory loop, suitable for stomp-tuners or effects boxes or for output to on-stage guitar amps or PAs.
• Internal filtering to reject radio-frequency interference from neon lights and cell phones.
• Small Size: 1.25 x 1.5 x 3.75 inches. Weight: 6 ounces.
Dee-Eye Preamp Signal Path:
• The Instrument Input impedance is 1,000,000 ohms.
• The Effects Loop Output impedance is less than 4,000 ohms.
• The Effects Loop Input impedance is 4,000 ohms.
• The XLR Output Impedance is 600 ohms.
• Frequency response is flat from 10 Hz to 20 KHz (+/- 1 dB).
Using the Dee-Eye Preamp to simply connect your instruments to a club’s sound system:
• Stomp Tuner is optional.
• When you turn on the Stomp-Tuner, the XLR output to the Mix Board will be muted.
Using several effects boxes or a pedal board with the Dee-Eye Preamp:
• Connect Effects Boxes and/or a Stomp-Tuner in series to the Dee-Eye Preamp Effects Loop.
• Effect Boxes and/or Stomp-Tuner will affect the XLR output to the Mix Board.
Using the Dee-Eye Preamp with an on-stage Guitar Amp or Instrument PA:
• Add any effects boxes you want in series between the Dee-Eye Preamp and the PA.
• An XLR cable must be connected to supply Phantom Power
Using the Dee-Eye Preamp to convert a Single-Ended signal to XLR Balanced Output:
• The Dee-Eye can also be used as a high-quality passive direct box. The isolation transformer used in the Dee-Eye Preamp has a nearly linear response from 18 Hz to over 30 KHz.
• Power is not required.
• 4,000 ohm input-impedance, single-ended input
• 600 ohm output-impedance, balanced output